Tired of going to Jamba Juice for your fix every morning? Same my friends, same. Skip getting up early, skip the long lines and put some money back into your pockets! No need to go out for your juice when you can make your own juice at home.
With so many juicer options on the market nowadays, there’s no excuse not to own one. Juicers vary in prices and typically aren’t cheap, but over time you’ll end up saving money. Essentially it’s the same concept as making coffee at home vs buying one at Starbucks every day. Overtime money adds up and you would be surprised at how much you rack up purchasing drinks every morning.
- 1 Best Apple Juicers At A Quick Glance
- 2 Why do people juice? What is the point of juicing?
- 3 Things to consider before buying a juicer for apples
- 4 Breville BJE820XL Juice Fountain Duo Dual Disc Juicer
- 5 Mueller Austria Juicer
- 6 Omega Juicers CUBE300S
Best Apple Juicers At A Quick Glance
|Top Pick||Comfee’ BPA Free Masticating Juicer Extractor with Ice Cream Maker, Mint Green
|Budget Pick||Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
|KOIOS Juicer, Masticating Juicer Machine||
|Breville® Juice Fountain™ Plus
|Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer Machine Extractor with Slow Cold Press Masticating Squeezer Mechanism
|Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-watt 5-speed Juice Extractor
Juicers look intimidating at first, but after a few uses, you become more comfortable working with them. Like anything else in life, juicers come in different skill levels with different operating features. Finding one that can handle the girth and mass of an apple may be tricky.
I have tried and tested different juicers for apples and my results are below! I began juicing as part of different diets over the years. While most of my diets come and go, juicing has remained consistent for me.
Why do people juice? What is the point of juicing?
I’m not going to sit here and try to put words in other peoples mouths. What I will do is let you know why I like juicing and why others around me choose to juice.
For starters, juicing helps me get nutrients into my body naturally without taking vitamins or supplements. I am vegan so I really need to make sure I’m getting all my nutrients for the day. Juicing helps my body retain vitamins straight from veggies and fruits with better digestion vs when you cook them all the vitamins can be cooked out, leaving you with nothing.
Juicing is believe it or not convenient. It literally takes seconds to make a juice and most glasses fit under the spout allowing you to make a quick drink and head to your morning commute.
Healthy, healthy, healthy! I love the way I feel after drinking juice. My body gets this rush of energy and it really wakes me up! I actually started juicing when I started touring with bands on the road. Catering for the band and crew gets really old after a while. I noticed some the of artists juicing and I asked them to teach me their ways. After the first week I was surprised at how full I was and how much energy I had throughout the day!
Two words: Money Saver! Buying fruit and vegetables in bulk is more cost-efficient than buying individual pieces throughout the week. Having a juicer around gives you an alternative option to using the produce at the end of the week vs just throwing it out!
Food hack: Juice all leftover produce at the end of the week and freeze it for a healthy dessert!
Things to consider before buying a juicer for apples
Juicer Type : Buying a juicer for apples is going to be a little different than buying a juicer for other fruits. Because apple skin is edible, you have more options for juicers. Apples don’t have pits in them, making them again easier to just throw into any juicer.
Feed Chute Size: To save time, you can look for a feed chute size that is larger and just throw the whole apple in there. If you don’t mind spending a little bit more time, you can look for a smaller feed chute and just cut the apple up into pieces.
Centrifugal Juice Extractors vs Cold Press Juicers (a.k.a. Masticating Juicers) Essentially the debate here is a new school vs old school. Both work great, whatever one you think is better comes down to personal preference.
- Most common type of juicer
- Uses a fast-spinning blade that spins against a mesh filter, separating juice from the flesh
- Juice and pulp gets separated into separate containers
- Retains some pulp (good if you like pulp)
- Lower in price
- The heat from the blade can ruin fruit enzymes, rendering the juice less nutritious
- Retains some pulp (bad if you don’t like pulp)
- Noise is as loud as a blender
Cold Press Juicer
- Extract juice by first crushing and then pressing fruits and vegetables thus leaving the highest yield
- Keeps more fresh ingredient nutrients intact
- High nutrient retention
- Noise is quiet
- Retains a lot of pulp (great if you like pulp)
- More expensive
Breville has a food chute perfect for fitting whole apples down it, that is located directly on top of the disk which allows for a more efficient juicing than those with a food chute on the side.
All the parts in the juicer are metal, so you don’t have to get any harmful residue from plastic parts.
This apple juicer has a metal puree disc insert that is great for separating the seeds and core from the apple juice.
Juicer has a safety locking feature that won’t allow the juicer to operate unless the cover is locked into place.
Writers tip: This juicer has an overload protection which prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
Most parts on this machine can be cleaned on the top part of the dishwasher.
- 1200 Watt motor
- Dimensions:9 x 6.5 x 17 inches
- 3-Inch feed tube processes whole fruit
- Titanium metal disc cutter
- Second juice disc purees soft fruits for 100% fruit smoothies
- 1.2-liter juice jug (34 fl. oz.) with froth separator
- Patented extra-wide feed chute -3” wide
- 5-speed dial
Reviewers Have Said :
- I did my fair share of research before buying Breville BJE820XL. Like a lot of other folks in the market for a new juicer, I’m hesitant to dole out $$$ on a machine like this without some assurance its a good machine and worth the money.
- A superior product! Can’t think of anything I would change. I received a recommendation for this juicer from a friend who had been using an earlier Breville model for many years, and as soon as I received this model, I knew it would also last many years.
- I just purchased this juicer almost a month ago and I am in Love. I am a research queen and it took me forever to choose this one.
- ‘m very pleased to find that the Breville is effective enough to replace both of my older juices. Dialed up, it juices carrots, apples, beets, etc. ridiculously fast. Drop an apple in, and it disappears in a half-second, and a half cup of juice pours out.
This is one of the most affordable juicer options currently on the market. It has a wide spout perfect for apples and it takes up minimal counter space.
It has two different speeds which can be adjusted for the fruit or vegetable you are trying to juice. Create a 16 oz cup of juice in as little as 8 seconds!
It has a safety locking arm that holds the cover on tight; meaning you don’t have to physically stand there and hold it on.
It has a great overheating feature that will shut the juicer off if it is getting too hot.
- Sleek modern stainless-steel design
- Cord length of 48 inches
- Max power 1100W
- Anti-slip silicone feet
- Wide 3-inch mouth chute
- The container holds 48 fl oz
Reviewers Have Said:
- I love this juicer! It’s easy to put together and clean. It’s dishwasher safe. You can put the whole fruit in it and it separates the seeds from the juice itself.
- You probably can’t get a better juicer for the price
- Solidly made. Cleans up easy. I’ve shoved whole apples through it and as long as you don’t try to choke it, it does very well. Filters good too.
- The instruction manual is short and very clear and includes useful tips. Thank you, Mueller!
Omega is one of the most kitchen-friendly juicers. It’s compact cubed design allows this juicer to fit in any kitchen!
This juicers size can be compared to a 4 slice bread toaster. Don’t let the size fool you, the motor in this bad boy plows through trough fruits such as apples.
A great feature with this apple juicer is the reverse option. For newbs out there, this is a clutch thing to have just trust me. Start juicing and you’ll understand why. Think of it like a paper shredder that has a reverse option.
If kitchen counter space is limited I highly recommend this one as your first apple juicer. If you plan to travel but still take kitchen appliances with you, then this might be ideal for you.
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Dimensions : 10.2 x 10.2 x 10.4 inches
- 3 ajustable settings
- Automatic pulp dispenser
- Offered in cube and horizontal shape
Reviewers Have Said:
- It works great and you get a lot of juice from the fruits and vegetables. Super easy to clean, I am looking forward to using it for other things than just juicing!!!!
- absolutely love this juicer…easy to assemble, use and clean… and I absolutely love the taste of the juice…
- It all tasted delicious. BTW it is my first juicer and I’m loving it
- This product is powerful and efficient just like the other versions of Omega juicers but it is great looking and has some improvements over the early models.