- 1 Best Dry Shampoo For Brunettes At A Quick Glance
- 2 Best Bang For Your Buck:Batiste Dry Shampoo, Divine Dark
- 3 Best Dry Shampoo + Color Upkeep: AG Hair Dry Shampoo Brunette Style Refresher And Root Touch-Up
- 4 Best For Deep Toned Brunettes: Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo, Dark Tones
- 5 Best Detox Dry Shampoo: Drybar Detox Brunettes Dry Shampoo
- 6 Best Brunette Dry Shampoo For Blowouts: Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR
- 7 Best Warm Scented Dry Shampoo: Not Your Mother’s
- 8 Best Charcoal Brunette Dry Shampoo: IGK FIRST CLASS CHARCOAL DETOX DRY SHAMPOO
- 9 Most Awarded Brunette Dry Shampoo: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, Ultra-Gentle
- 10 Best Brunette Dry Shampoo For Sensitive Scalps: amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- 11 Best Time Releasing Fragrance Dry Shampoo: Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
- 12 Final Thoughts
- 13 Up Next: Related Reads
Best Dry Shampoo For Brunettes At A Quick Glance
Best Scent Overall
Best For Blowout & Style Upkeep
Best Color Brunette Dry Shampoo
Most Awarded Dry Shampoo
Best Detox Dry Shampoo
Best Charcoal Additive Dry Shampoo
The joy of not washing your hair every day is just about as great as taco Tuesday. What’s not so great is the white residue it leaves on your hair, talk about an instant hair buzz kill. Lucky for us we live in the era of social media, and enough brunettes have complained about it publicly it got companies attention.
The beauty industry is not a one size fits all, and products are not made to be used universally by everyone. Companies who treat humans like a one size fits all in a world of unique individuals are not going to make it in this day and age. This is where the beauty of dry shampoo specifically for brunettes come into the picture.
Each hair color is different and therefore requires different products. Take a peek at all the brunette dry shampoos that actually work for dark hair!
Why listen to me? Because I have my cosmetology license and am the proud owner of brunette locks!
Best Bang For Your Buck:Batiste Dry Shampoo, Divine Dark
Not only will this Batiste Dry Shampoo give you hair a quick refresh but it will reduce the appearance of oil. Another added benefit this gives you is the ability for it to add volume to your roots. Va Voom Beautiful.
- Love this dry shampoo becuase not only is my hair still manageable after I spray it but it dries quickly and helps darken up my roots between colors.
- Big fan of this product giving my hair much-needed volume and lift. The smell is pleasant as well.
- Batiste allows me to go an extra day or two between shampoos. It also helps cover my grey hair. Added bonus to this product? Works great with my fine hair and doesn’t leave it looking crusty.
Note: this is the best drugstore pick we will be going over, the keyword here is a drugstore. I use this when I am on the road and forgot my dry shampoo at home and need to run to a Walgreens or CVS to grab a bottle. Not my first dry shampoo pick out of the bunch, but it’s not the worst on the market.
If you are forcing yourself to stay on budget to save up for a wedding, vacation or whatever, then I suggest this one because it will get the job done and save some pennies in your bank.
Best Dry Shampoo + Color Upkeep: AG Hair Dry Shampoo Brunette Style Refresher And Root Touch-Up
This dry shampoo is VERY beneficial for those who want to touch up their color as well as have a dry shampoo soak up oil.
- My wife made me use my account to leave a review because she loves it so much. She wants people to know its so easy anyone 60+ can use it.
- A little bit of this goes a long way, make sure you shake it before you use it.
- I use this as a dry shampoo to clean my hair as well as a texture spray. Works great for my fine hair.
Best For Deep Toned Brunettes: Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo, Dark Tones
- I am Korean and it has proved to be extremely difficult to find a legit dry shampoo for dark hair….until now. My hair that will get greasy daily if I don’t wash it and this product is the first to prevent grease buildup. I no longer have to come home after a day of being out which has saved me tons of washes and hours of having to do my hair twice in one day.
- I love taking this with me when I go camping. Anyone who goes camping knows how hard it can be to go days without having the ability to shower. This has saved my hair from looking and smelling horrible. It has saved my camping hair troubles and has been incorporated into my daily week routine.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of this product and the results I get from it. The best smelling dry shampoo I have been able to come across.
Best Detox Dry Shampoo: Drybar Detox Brunettes Dry Shampoo
Golden root extract helps hair from getting overly dry which would cause damage and breakage.
This product has no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates and has a pleasant vanilla, jasmine and sandalwood scent.
- I have a theory that you can use this dry shampoo and never have to touch your hair again for the rest of your life, it works that great.
- Love this stuff, it works great. Leaves a bit of a brown residue uner your nails if you scratch your head, but the brown color is why it doesn’t leave a white residue in the first place: pick you poison.
- Smells great and looks good on my thin hair.
Best Brunette Dry Shampoo For Blowouts: Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR
The superfine tinited mist is superb at absorbing oil without ruining that blow out you just spent some major bucks on. It is tinited brown so it won’t leave your hair white; See a pattern yet?
This product is great for those who want to extend their style have it be a blowout, curls or freshly straightened hair.
- Love this product. Make sure you read the directions because if this product isn’t fully shaken and held far enough away then it will make your hair stiff.
- I love this product and use a ton of it. My tub is old and pretty porous so it stained a small spot on my tub. Was able to remove the spot with a bit of oxyclean but just try to wash it right away so it doesn’t have time to set in.
- Works great and smells amazing. Not sure why other reviews are complaining about ths brown coming off on their hands if it wasn’t brown than they would have white on their hair which is the whole reason why people invented brunette dry shampoo. Some people will never be happy.
Best Warm Scented Dry Shampoo: Not Your Mother’s
You may have seen this advertised on other sites as having no scent or being unscented, but that is nowhere near the case with this product, it will have warm sugar scents.
Great for getting rid of oily spots and can help give you some more time back onto your schedule since you won’t have to be wasting it with a wash and style. This product has a matte finish.
- Awesome product, I love that it works great on grey hair because I don’t have money to go to the salon as regular as I should to get my roots done.
- This dry shampoo isn’t tinted brown like other brunette dry shampoos but it still works great at not leaving a residue on my medium brown hair.
- LOVE the warm sugar scent, is a great item to use year-round since vanilla and sugar are a yearly scent.
- Admittedly I am a little extra with my hair and I wasn’t a fan of this dry shampoo when compared to other brunette dry shampoo products. Since I already bought this I will use it if I’m in an extreme pinch but you pay for what you get and you can tell this isn’t as great as a more pricy product.
Best Charcoal Brunette Dry Shampoo: IGK FIRST CLASS CHARCOAL DETOX DRY SHAMPOO
Charcoal is having a big moment right now in the beauty industry so it’s only natural that a company was genius enough to put it in a dry shampoo.
Charcoal has many clarifying properties and is a natural ingredient that can take hair from homeless oily to fresh salon-style perfection.
IGK charcoal dry shampoo is cruelty-free and vegan. Charcoal products aren’t a fad it’s a lifestyle. This detox shampoo is great for getting rid of dandruff and doesn’t irritate your scalp.
- Sure you can save money and buy a cheaper version of this but the only thing you will be saving is money. This allows me to go five whole days before I need to wash my hair again.
- I typically don’t even need dry shampoo because I have naturally dry hair; however, I use this spray as a reset sort of thing. It gives my hair more volume not only on the top of my head but throughout my entire head of hair. Anyone who typically uses a texture spray should look into this becuase you get texture with the added bonus of detoxifying your hair from earth harmful pollutants.
- I have read mixed reviews on this product but I personally think this compares to any other high-end brunette luxury brand currently on the market. While it may be a bit newer, it can still compete with the old well-established brands.
Most Awarded Brunette Dry Shampoo: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, Ultra-Gentle
This dry shampoo has won awards via Allure, In-Style, New Beauty Choice Award, and has been winning awards since before oat milk become a vegan trend. It has won awards from 2009-2019 which is quite the track record.
The formula used to make this is gentle enough to use on color-treated and chemically treated hair but strong enough to abolish dirt, oil, and yucky residue.
Free from parabens, preservatives, silicone, phenoxyethanol, triclosan and is certified vegan.
- Take it from someone with very oily hair who has tried just about every brand in the book, this one is the best.
- I actually received this in one of my beauty prescription boxes and it is the rare item I actually went in search of on the internet to buy and purchase.
- I enjoy the smell of this and will use it at night to prevent oil buildup from occurring and will spray more in the morning as needed. Sometimes I can wake up and just go right out the door!
- The smell isn’t floral or chemical but is very mellow.
Best Brunette Dry Shampoo For Sensitive Scalps: amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
The company is known for using ‘super-fruit’ Sea Buckthorn Berry, that they put in every product, including this one. Additionally, users can expect to get blasted with vitamins including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E; all of which are great for overall hair health. This means that your hair is getting nourishment while the product is eliminating oil.
- I have been sick for quite some time so taking showers has been quite hard for me. This product is smooth and doesn’t leave the hair with any powdery residue.
- One of the only products that doesn’t irritate my scalp.
- I work out a ton and this saves me every time. I am able to get a quick workout in during my lunch break and use a bit of this before I return from the office. People think I’m making a quick run to Panera when in reality I just ran a quick 5 miles. Sometimes my hair looks better returning from lunch after using this spray than it does before I even come to work.
- Overall smell to this makes me feel clean.
Best Time Releasing Fragrance Dry Shampoo: Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
Makes hair not only look clean, but it feels and smells clean. Those who want soft, touchable hair will love this product.
Helps eliminate sweat and oil which is great for those who work out regularly.
- Once this product is on my hair I wait for a bit then run my finger thought my hair.
- Those who want a dry shampoo with a kick of smell behind it this is the one for you.
- I prefer this dry shampoo to others becuase I think it is best for my scalp. Don’t have problems of irritations or a scalp that gets too dried out after using this product for a while.
In case you haven’t notified, there is a standout theme here; most brunette dry shampoos will have a dark tint to it. The dark tint will obviously get on your skin if you are spraying it there; however, it will wipe off right away. Once the spray has set in your hair, it can transfer to your hands throughout the day if you scratch your head. Not all dry shampoos will transfer though, so you need to play around with the type of product that works best for you.
Additionally, some of the products we went over will be clear, so you don’t have to worry about that. Brunette dry shampoo can be great for those who have grey hair or want to extend their color visits at the salon.
Dry Brunette Shampoo is excellent for those who camp, workout, or have any other type of situation where getting a shower every day is hard. It can be an ideal option as well for those who travel a ton and can’t always check into their hotel before they have to head out for a meeting or meet up with friends for drinks.