One of the best things I ever learned is if your makeup looks good in a lighted mirror, it’s going to look GREAT to the everyday eye. Using a lighted makeup mirror might be strange at first, but just like anything else you get used to it. After a while, you won’t be able to do your makeup without one!
- 1 Best Lighted Makeup Mirrors At A Quick Glance
- 2 What is a lighted makeup mirror?
- 3 Why use a lighted makeup mirror?
- 4 What powers lighted makeup mirrors?
- 5 Are There Different Types Of Lighted Makeup Mirrors?
- 6 Why should you listen to me?
- 7 Honorable Mentions
- 8 Lighted Makeup Mirror Wall Mount
- 9 Suction Cup Lighted Makeup Mirror
- 10 Conclusion:
Best Lighted Makeup Mirrors At A Quick Glance
|Rose Gold LED Make-Up Mirror with 10X Spot Mirror
|Fancii LED Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror,||
|iHome Mirror with Bluetooth Audio||
|Conair® Variable Lighted 1X/10X Mirror in Satin Nickel||
|Sau Hollywood Makeup / Shaving Mirror
|Magicfly Vanity Mirror||
Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
Fancii LED Lighted Large Vanity Makeup Mirror
|Riki Skinny Mirror
What is a lighted makeup mirror?
Lighted makeup mirrors are outlined by some form of light. Often times the light source is going to be a LED light and it will be in long strips or appear as individual bulbs.
Some will be fully outlined and some will be outlined on just two sides. The more complex ones will allow you to adjust the brightness level and LED light color.
Why use a lighted makeup mirror?
Unless you live in a 100% glass house, you’re going to want a lighted make up mirror. If you do live in a 100% glass house you better not throw any stones. Natural light is your best friend when it comes to makeup. If you don’t have a lot of windows that let in natural light, you often times will overcompensate on your makeup and make things to dark or to light.
In the room, your makeup will look great but as soon as you step outside you often will find the mistakes, like over contouring or not enough blending. Having a lighted makeup mirror allows you to get optimal light for the best possible makeup outcome.
What powers lighted makeup mirrors?
Depending on which brand you buy, lighted makeup mirrors will run on batteries or from a charge. Some will allow you the option to use both.
Are There Different Types Of Lighted Makeup Mirrors?
Yes! There are some major differnces between each lighted makeup mirror.
- Mount Type: some mirrors are going to be intended for mounting onto a wall, some will sit on top of a table on its side and others will come on a stick where you can set on top of your vanity or bathroom counter. A few might come with a suction you can attach the mirror to another mirror
- Light Source: some lights will be in the form of bulbs and some will come in LED strips
- Size: size will depend on where you want to put it. Some will be smaller and others will be large and meant to stay in one spot
- Shape: most mirrors will be in a circle, square, or rectangle shape
- Magnification: most mirrors range in magnification from 1x – 10x
- Rotation: makeup mirrors will have a rotation anywhere from 180 – 360 degrees
- Power Source: make sure you check the power source – some will be USB operated, battery-operated or have the capability to do both
Why should you listen to me?
I am a licensed cosmetologist and have done makeup on just about every type of clientele. I have done makeup for high profile clientele, entertainers and more weddings than I can count.
If you are a pro to the lighted makeup mirror and want to go full time with one, I suggest getting a wall mounted one.
Wall mounted makeup mirrors free up space on your counters and can be more convenient. Because you decided where you mount it, it can be placed perfectly to your eye level. All the hardware you need to mount is included.
This specific wall mounted mirror has been used in hotels and spas. Once this is mounted the product can move at 360 degrees. Swivel design and 1x, 5x magnification zoom complete this product. A 14-inch extension and an elegant bronze finish make this versatile and compliments a large varity of bathrooms.
Writers Recommendation: Great for those who are committed to having a lighted makeup mirror and want the extra benefit of leaving their counter clutter free.
If I had to pick just one for traveling, this would be the one. It’s portable enough to take with you on your travels and big enough to actually be called a legit lighted makeup mirror. While this may be too big to fit into your purse, it works great for easy storage in your suitcase or carry on bag.
This mirror is wireless and cordless which makes for a clean appearance. Chrome accents and 7x magnification are all found within this product
. A suction cup arm that allows you to attach this to any smooth surface.
Natural, warm and white LED lights to last up to 10,000 hours. Go to the store and pick up 3AA batteries so you can power the light on this bad boy.
Writer’s Recommendation: Great for those who travel and are committed to having a sturdy, reliable lighted makeup mirror.
With so many options out there it should be easy to find one that fits into your lifestyle. Read the fine print carefully to see if those that need batteries to operate come with them or if you need to order some of those as well.