We’ve all seen commercials for some type of teeth whitening kits, but do they actually work? Yes, and having white teeth is one trend that will never go out of style.
You can get your teeth professionally whitened which can be megabucks, or you can purchase kits to do it yourself at home.
Best Budget Friendly Option
Best For Sensitive Teeth
- 0.1 What is the most effective way to whiten teeth?
- 0.2 What is the best teeth whitening product on the market?
- 1 1 Best Teeth Whitening Strips – Crest 3D White Dental Whitening Kit
- 2 2 Best Teeth Whitening Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth- beaueli Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder
- 3 3 Best Teeth Whitening LED Light – AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit, LED Light
- 4 4 Best Budget-Friendly Whitening Toothpaste – Crest 3D White Toothpaste Radiant Mint
- 5 5 Best Teeth Whitening Pen – VieBeauti Teeth Whitening Pen
What is the most effective way to whiten teeth?
The most effective way to whiten teeth is to take into consideration what is causing them to be white in the first place and then going from there.
Some of the most common causes of yellow or discoloration to the teeth include some of the things we love the most like coffee, wine, soda, and tea. It can also be caused by things such as improper dental hygiene, medications and the environment.
What is the best teeth whitening product on the market?
Teeth whitening products are situational to the person; what works best for one person may not work as well for another.
The most important thing to think about when choosing a teeth whitening kit is how it will fit into your lifestyle. If you want a teeth whitening kit that involves time or effort, you don’t have, then odds are you won’t use it, and thus your teeth will stay yellow. The bottom line gets a teeth whitening kit you will see yourself using.
1 Best Teeth Whitening Strips – Crest 3D White Dental Whitening Kit
Crest whitening strips are sort of the OG when it comes to whitening teeth. They have been around for years and have shown proven results from the beginning.
These white strips promise to provide professional results and remove up to 14 years of teeth stains.
Stats: 4.5 out of 5 stars with 6,971 reviews
- Last a minimum of 12 months
- Comes with top and bottom specific strips
- Comes with 2 1 hour express treatments
- Enamel safe
- Remove stains below the enamel
- Easy to use – Peel and stick
- Saliva may decrease whitening strength
- Tooth sensitivity or gum discomfort may occur
- Only whitens natural teeth
- Can cause irritation if it comes in contact directly on the skin
Everyone has their own definition of time, so it could be a pro or a con that these need to be left on your teeth for 30 minutes.
2 Best Teeth Whitening Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth- beaueli Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder
Charcoal is a popularly growing product, and sometimes the darkest products can bring out the brightest results.
This is a powder type of toothpaste, so its a bit different than the gooey toothpaste you most likely use.
To use this, you are going to take your toothbrush, dip the head in the powder, and brush along your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
Stats: 5 out of 5 stars with 988 reviews
- Results just after 2-3 treatments
- No needed effort just use as your toothpaste
- Removes plaque
- 100% pure coconut charcoal
- Can be messy
- Can stain clothes or towels
- No flavor (bad if you like mint toothpaste)
- Recommended to use in the shower to avoid a mess
3 Best Teeth Whitening LED Light – AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit, LED Light
These teeth whitening LED lights look super funny to me and there’s just no way around it. It’s like a football player’s mouth guard used at home.
The gel that is used for this is made in the USA, gluten-free, and kosher.
This has an accelerator light which speeds up the whitening process and only takes 30 minutes total to use, one time per day.
It comes with (2) 5ml Gel Syringes that lasts for a total of 20+ treatments with 35% Carbamide Peroxide.
Stats: 4.5 out of 5 stars with 7,520 reviews
- Mouth tray requires no molding or boiling
- 5 LED lights instead of just 1
- Fits any mouth
- Comes with a tray case
- Results after 1st use
- Batteries included
- Timer noise when it is done
- Light won’t do anything without gel
- Can be harsh on sensitive gums
- Can lighten gums if the gel sits on gums for the duration of the light usage
- Have to hold the tray in your mouth
4 Best Budget-Friendly Whitening Toothpaste – Crest 3D White Toothpaste Radiant Mint
You don’t need to be a big baller with tons of cash to get some nice pearly white teeth.
This is the best budget-friendly toothpaste and it comes in a 3 pack! Great for those who like to bulk shop or those who shop for an entire family.
A nice mint flavor makes you feel fresh after you burhs your teeth.
Meant to be used at least twice a day; once in the morning and once at night.
Stats: 4.5 out of 5 stars with 2,018 reviews
- Removes 80% of surface stains
- Protects against future stains
- Strengthens teeth
- Helps protect against cavities
- Mint flavor might not be everyone’s favorite
- Lid can get super gunky if you don’t clean it after use – builds up fast
- Works best with whitening crest strips
5 Best Teeth Whitening Pen – VieBeauti Teeth Whitening Pen
Teeth whitening pens are one of those things that are either used by many or none. I think it personally comes down to personal preference.
Each is a little bit different in their own way from the brush size, bristle type and the formula.
I have tried this one thanks to the reviews and research I have done, which promised me positive results.
This specific whitening pen set comes with 2 pens and each pen has enough for 20+ uses.
Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars with 1,307 reviews.
- Gets teeth 4-8 shades lighter
- Only takes one minute
- Easy to use & fast to use
- Convenient twist top
- Pen fits into a purse
- Don’t have to worry about extra pieces, brush-on wait a minute and you’re done
- Doesn’t lift as white as other products
- Might be hard to see results if your teeth are already pretty white