Let us face it, we all want hair that can be as shiny and smooth as a horses mane. If you haven’t thought that take a few seconds, go google horse hair and get back to me. Having smooth, healthy and shiny hair doesn’t require products full of chemicals. Vegan products are both ethically good and great for your hair.
- 1 Best Vegan Shampoo & Conditioner At A Quick Glance
- 2 Love Beauty And Planet Rose Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Hair, Silicone Free,... View Price Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk, Hawaiian Duo Set Shampoo and Conditioner, 12 Ounce Bottle... View Price Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner Bundle - 8 Fl Ounce - Nourishing For Dry Hair -... View Price Organic Vegan Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner Set - Natural Hair Regrowth with Vitamins -... View Price ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set - (2 x 16 Fl Oz / 473ml) -... View Price WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Hair Conditioner Set - (2 x 16.9 Fl Oz / 500mL) - Increase... View Price Teadora Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Vegan, Argan Cupuacu Acai Buriti, Gentle, Best for Damaged, Frizzy,... View Price Fanola Free No Yellow Vegan Shampoo, 350 ml View Price PURA D'OR Biotin Anti-Thinning Deep Moisturizing Gold Label Shampoo & Conditioner Set, Clinically... View Price ArtNaturals Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo - (16 Fl Oz / 473ml) - Moisturizing, Volumizing Sulfate... View Price Puracy Natural Shampoo and Conditioner Set, Vegan Hair Care, No Harsh Chemicals, 16 Ounce, (2-Pack) View Price
- 3 Drink it up coconut milk.
- 3.1 The name is pretty self-explanatory. Having VERY dry and damaged hair leaves me constantly searching for shampoo and conditioners that will hydrate my locks, and my hair drinks this stuff up like a traveler stranded in the desert. Coconut milk is high in fatty acids and protein leaving your hair strong and nourished.
- 3.2 Much like protein, you eat for body strength, giving your hair protein makes it stronger and thus reduces the number of split ends. Strong hair = Healthy hair.
- 3.3 Teadora
- 4 Brazilian Radiance Miracle Shampoo and Conditioner
- 5 PURA D’OR Gold Label Anti-Thinning Deep Moisturizing Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner Set
- 6 Related Articles:
Best Vegan Shampoo & Conditioner At A Quick Glance
What is vegan shampoo and conditioner?
Is organic the same thing as vegan?
No! Do not confuse the term organic with the term vegan, they are not the same. Ingredient quality is the primary difference between organic and conventional hair care products. Think of it as natural vs. synthetic. Organic products gently infuse your hair follicles and skin cells with natural minerals, herbal extracts, and oils. While organic products contain natural minerals, they still may test their products on animals and may still contain animal byproducts.
What is a quick way to determine if shampoo and conditioners are vegan?
Look for any of these certified vegan and cruelty free icons!
Why should you give two F***’s about what I have to say on vegan hair products?
This may be one of the most important questions you are asking yourself, and if you don’t ask yourself this while researching products you should be. Anyone can write articles on any product nowadays. I however am a credible source. I have had my cosmetology license since 2008. My resume includes working in every type of salon and traveling on the road working with high profile clientele.
On top of that, I myself am a vegan and try to spread the good word on vegan-based products. I wasn’t always a vegan so I’ve had to do a lot of trial and error when it comes to vegan products, food and all-around lifestyle.
Alba Botanica has been around since 1979 and is an all-around beauty company. A major focus of theirs is to leave a small carbon footprint on this earth while empowering women to feel beautiful on the inside and out. Alba joins forces with CARE as one of the founding partners of the Empower Her Through Education Campaign, a 3-year partnership intended to help break down the barriers of education that too many girls in developing countries face.
While Alba Bontanica carries a wide variety of shampoo and conditioners, my favorite would have to be the:
The name is pretty self-explanatory. Having VERY dry and damaged hair leaves me constantly searching for shampoo and conditioners that will hydrate my locks, and my hair drinks this stuff up like a traveler stranded in the desert. Coconut milk is high in fatty acids and protein leaving your hair strong and nourished.
Much like protein, you eat for body strength, giving your hair protein makes it stronger and thus reduces the number of split ends. Strong hair = Healthy hair.
- Colored Hair
- Dry Hair
- Over processed Hair
- Damaged Hair
- Bleached Hair
Alba coconut is a great alternative for your summer hair regime. Between the sun and swimming, your hair can take quite a beating in the summertime. Refresh your locks up with this coconut milk shampoo/conditioner combo and protect your hair year-round!
If you’re not into Alba’s coconut milk drink it up line, be sure to check out their other vegan shampoo and conditioners.[su_divider divider_color=”#cd91f5″]
Related Article: Accessories To Help Grow Out Your Short Hair! Click Here To Find Out More.[su_divider divider_color=”#cd91f5″]
Teadora is inspired by the Amazon rainforest. To read the founders full story you can check it out here! Long story short, Val and Tom both come from a tech-inspired back round where they draw inspiration from the rain forest to make an at-home product care line that is both vegan and earth-friendly.
While Teadora has a large variety of products I have only tried one and that one would be their:
If you are an awards type of person, let me start off by letting you know this conditioner is the Winner of the “Best Natural Conditioner” of 2017 by Prevention Magazine. If you’ve never heard of that magazine than take that for what it’s worth.
The scientific reason this vegan shampoo and conditioner combo stands out above the rest is due to it’s rare ingredient cupuacu. Never heard of it? Yeah, I didn’t either until I read the back of the bottle.
Basically, it’s derived from the pulp of an amazon fruit. Can be thought of as shea butter on steroids. Cupuacu is rich in vitamins A, B and B3 which all aid in hair elasticity. Improving hair elasticity improves your hairs overall health and shine. Elasticity can be viewed as what makes your hair look stringy vs full.
While I love the shampoo, if you are looking to pick just one I would suggest the conditioner. Teadora’s miracle conditioner leaves your hair soft without weighing it down. This is key if you want soft hair that you can still style.
What does it smell like? Fruit. It has a hint of citrus and berry. One of the better smelling vegan shampoo and conditioners out there.
Through trial and error, I have learned it can be tricky finding Vegan products with great smells, so trust me when I say this product smells great. Let me be clear that I don’t think vegan products smell bad, they just don’t have fake fillers in them to give them that over scented smell most of us grew up on.
I suggest this product for people:
- With sensitive hair or scalp
- Want a more scented product
- With dry to normal hair
- Who want to style their hair with hot tools
Related Article: Get Rid Of Body Hair Forever And Say Goodbye To Annoying Razor Burn. Click Here To Learn More![su_divider divider_color=”#cd91f5″]
Pura D’or is structured around being a plant-based product. Sourcing unique extracts, oils, plants and proteins are all things considered by the peeps making Pura D’or. They use things such as essential oil, aloe vera and other key ingredients made and bottled in the USA. Pura D’or has three main product lines consisting of what they call the blue line, gold line, and proline. I have referred many of my clients to the Pura D’or gold line.
Pura D’or gold label shampoo and conditioner are made for those who experience hair loss or hair thinning. It has been clinically tested to reduce hair thinning due to breakage, increase volume, strength, and shine. Hair loss or hair thinning is something that in most cases can be fixed completely and at the very least be improved.
Hair thinning/loss can happen to anyone, any gender, at any age and unfortunately at any time. Causes of this can be determined by a number of problems including stress, pregnancy, hormone imbalance, dramatic weight loss, vitamin deficiency, age and a number of other things.
While Pura D’or is great you should take its name and gold label at face value. What I mean by this is don’t expect this vegan shampoo/conditioner to be your Jesus in a bottle. In some cases, hair loss/thinning is caused by a deeper medical problem that should be diagnosed by a professional doctor. Your problem may be occurring due to a side effect from something such as chemo or other medical practices. Clearly this shampoo and conditioner aren’t going to grow hair back.
What can this product exactly do?
What this product can do is repair hair that is being broken and falling out due to thing such as dry hair, poor scalp health and from being over-processed. Hair thinning/breakage most often is caused by hair breakage. Moisturizing your hair with Pura D’or gold’s 17 ingredients will stop the breakage, thus stopping the thinning. Each nutrient will penetrate into your hair shaft and scalp, leaving you strands fully moisturized so they can grow to their full potential. Think of if your car tire had little air holes in them, would you be able to drive? No. Same thing with your hair shaft. When you don’t keep your strands moisturized and fill them with the protein they have little holes in them and they can’t grow, and in most cases will break and fall off.
Even if you don’t feel you are experiencing hair loss or thinning, you can use this product to add volume and shine to your hair! Gold label vegan shampoo and conditioner is packed with a powerful blend of ingredients such as Biotin, Nettle, Pumpkin Seed, and Black Cumin Seed Oil to increase volume and thicken hair.
I suggest this product for people:
- With thinning hair due to breakage
- With damaged and chemically-treated, colored hair
- With distressed hair
- With frizzy hair
- Who are experiencing hair loss or hair thinning