With so many straighteners on the market, how is a person supposed to know which one to pick? Are the expensive ones better than the cheap ones? If you splurge on one over $100, is it going to last longer than the $20 drugstore one? Let’s take a look and compare which straighteners you should buy and which ones you should skip.
- 1 Approved Hair Straightner By Cosmetologists At A Quick Glance – Buy These
- 2 Skip: Revlon Perfect Straight Smooth Brilliance Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 inch
- 3 Get: INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron, 1-inch Flat Iron
- 4 Skip: ONSON Professional Hair Straightener 2-in-1
- 5 Get: Furiden Professional Hair Straightener 2-in-1
- 6 Skip: Ionic Hair Straightener Brush by COOLKESI
- 7 Get: Enhanced Hair Straightener Heat Brush by MiroPure
- 8 Up Next: Related Articles
Approved Hair Straightner By Cosmetologists At A Quick Glance – Buy These
Best Skinny Straightener
Best Professional Flat Iron Alternative
Best 2-in-1 Straightener
Best Titanium Flat Iron
Best Professional Straightener
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751KJ2PN/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0751KJ2PN&linkCode=as2&tag=sconniegirl-20&linkId=a2121f2d3fdccc88054467b311dba4b6″ style=”flat” size=”6″]View Price [/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004INQ65S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004INQ65S&linkCode=as2&tag=sconniegirl-20&linkId=33f076a40ddd94e2feb6a292788f8da4″ style=”flat” size=”6″]View Price [/su_button]
Size: They are both one inch.
Heat Temperature: 455 degrees in heat.
Tip Design: Each tip shape is a bit different which provides different user experiences.
- Revlon straightener has a tendency to pull the hair out as you straighten it which is both painful and bad for your hair health. The tip wasn’t made to be useful for those who want to use the flat iron to curl hair because it has square edges.
- Conair tip has a curved tip that allows hair to flow smoothly in and out of it.
I have owned both straighteners and the Revlon one did, in fact, pull my hair out each time I used it and I ended up throwing it away.
Durability: Not all products have the same shelf life
- Revlon straightener has stopped working after a few months, per many user reviews and my own experience.
- Conair lasts for years, and I have had mine for at least 5.
Heat Setting: This is where each product has quite a difference.
- Conair’s straightener has 30 heat settings and a 15-second heat up time.
- Revlon only has 10 settings.
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MR12NM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B076MR12NM&linkCode=as2&tag=sconniegirl-20&linkId=1a9e779b25063b18bcec047ccea59a42″ style=”flat” size=”6″]View Price [/su_button]
Size: Both are 1 inch and come with 8 feet cords.
Type: Each of these products are described as a 2-in-1 since you can use it to curl or straighten your hair.
Heat Up Time & Temperature: Both are going to heat up in 15 seconds and have the ability to get up to 450 degrees F.
Lock Button: Both have a lock button so you can travel safely without worrying about the curling iron from moving and getting damaged in transit.
Heat Settings: While both do get up to 450 degrees F they have different temperature options. You always want less heat when possible to save hair integrity.
- Onson heat settings are Off-255-340-375-410-450
- Furiden heat settings are Off-250-320-355 to 410 – 450
While they aren’t off by much, to your hair it’s a world of a difference. You can always go up in the heat but you can’t undo heat damage that has already been done.
Plate Design: Plate designs in each product is a bit different.
- Onson has a floating plate but it stays in place.
- Furiden has balanced heat plates so they actually twist, turn, rotate, and move as you move the product. This allows the straightener to move WITH the hair instead of the hair trying to work around the plates.
Tip Design: The tips for each of these products are quite different.
- Onson has a round tip with a step shelf drop that hair often gets caught in.
- Furiden has a rounded tip with a nice round drop so it allows hair to flow in and out smoothly, especially if you are using the straightener to curl your hair.
Add Ons: Each comes with different extras.
- Onson comes with a heat resistant glove and a storage bag.
- Furiden comes with a heat resistant glove, storage bag, salon comb, and 2 salon hair clips. Clearly these extras are more useful and you get more.
Travel: Furiden is made from a worldwide dual voltage measuring at 110 – 240V AC, and will automatically adjust to the precise voltage of what you are plugging it into.
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGXP9RP/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B06XGXP9RP&linkCode=as2&tag=sconniegirl-20&linkId=f7656c2e60016ad8b73becf1647af366″ style=”flat” size=”6″]View Price [/su_button]
Shape: Both flat iorns are similarly shaped with a long handle and a squre bristle pad.
Cord: Both have a 360-degree swivel cord, which makes it easy for styling.
Heat Temperature: Each gets up to 450 degrees F.
Auto Shut-off: Each product will shut off automatically after 60 minutes of no use.
LED Screens: Each product has an LED screen to show the temperature.
Heat Settings: Each goes up to 450 degrees but does so at different intervals.
- Ionic has 15 different heat settings
- Enhanced has 16 different heat settings
Heat Up Time: Each has its won heat up time with Enhanced having the better overall option.
- Ionic can heat up to 360 degrees F in 30 seconds
- Enhanced can heat up to the full 450 degrees in 60 seconds or less
Brush Bristle Design: While the overall brush design is the same the actual bristles are quite different.
- Ionic brush bristles are more dense overall and don’t have enough space to get thick, wavy or extra curly hair through it smoothly 100% of the time. This means smaller sections are needed to accurately straighten hair, which takes more time.
- Enhanced brush bristles are more like a true brush or comb that has more space in-between. This makes it great for all hair types.
Extras: Each flat iron comes with a few extras.
- Ionic shows that is comes with a heat resistant glove, 2 hair clips, it shows a brush but it doesn’t come with one, and a carrying bag
- Enhanced comes with a heat resistant glove and a carrying bag.